This week’s ‘Thunk’.

Each week I will upload a ‘Thunk’ to our blog.

Spend some time talking about the Thunk with a friend or family member, perhaps during a family meal or when you are on a journey in the car.

And don’t forget to share your opinion in the comments section.

There are no right and wrong answers to these questions, but make sure you give a reason with your answer.

This week’s Thunk:

If you borrowed a million pounds, would it make you a millionaire?

About Mr Bolland

Comments

1. Mr Bolland on March 16, 2014 at 4:41 pm said:

I had a discussion about this Thunk with my family as we went on a walk today. There were different opinions and a variety of reasons given to back up each person’s opinion.

I believe that if I borrowed a million pounds I wouldn’t be a millionaire. Even though I would have a million pounds, the money would not be mine, I would need to give it back at some point because I only borrowed it. If I spent the money on lots of nice, expensive things I might get myself into trouble as I might not be able to give back the million pounds I borrowed.

Do you agree or disagree with me? Why?

2. Matilda on March 17, 2014 at 7:45 pm said:

No because you would have to give the money back if you borrowed it.

3. Lola Cunningham on March 18, 2014 at 6:34 pm said:

no because you would still have to give the money back at some point.

4. Aimee on March 19, 2014 at 9:50 am said:

No because you have borrowed the million pounds and that means you have not earned it you have borrowed so it is not yours rightfully.

5. Kyle Earp on March 19, 2014 at 9:56 am said:

No because if you borrowed it and spent all of it you would get into trouble because you have to pay back all the money.

6. millie f on March 20, 2014 at 11:17 am said:

No because you have borrowed the money and where ever you borrowed it from you would have to give it back .

7. Ellie Whitaker on March 21, 2014 at 1:54 pm said:

I’de feel guilty if a borowed 1MILLION pounds because I wouldn’t of rightfully owned it.
    P.S. I wouldn’t have the money to repay it

8. Nathen k on March 21, 2014 at 1:55 pm said:

The resin you borrowed a million pounds is because you probably didn’t have it in the first place!

9. Toby Hamilton on April 9, 2014 at 7:15 am said:

No because at some point you would have to give it back to the sender or person who gave you it in the first place,and if you spent the money on something well let’s just say they will be 1 happy and 1 angry!!