When people take the time to write a post, it’s fantastic if you can find the time to write a comment to let them know what you thought.
When you write comments, try to keep these things in mind:
1. Be positive! Remember to tell the poster the things you liked about the post.
2. If you have any criticism, then write it down, but be positive. Use the ‘even better if’ style of feedback.
3. Just saying ‘cool’ or ‘that’s great’ might make the poster feel good, but even better would be saying whyit’s cool.
Comments can be read by anyone from all over the world – teachers, parents, governors, politicians, celebrities (!), so use your best writing skills and try to be as accurate as possible with spellings – take pride in your comments!
4. If you want to tell the poster about one of your posts, then give them the full web address to help them find it – if you’re really advanced, then include a link.
5. Perhaps try one of these comment starters…
I can relate to this
This makes me think of
I don’t understand
I was reminded that
I found myself wondering
If we keep these guidelines in mind, our site will be a really fun place to publish our work.
Thank you to http://theblog.is/miriamlord/how-to-write-good-comments/ for these suggestions.