We know times are tough at home at the moment, and we want to support you to find meaningful ways to spend your time. We would like all of our learners from every subject to take part in one of the Family Learning Competitions. Great prizes for the winners!
- Family Challenge Competition
Make a game or fun activity to entertain your children and send it to your tutor. Include:
- A picture or drawing of the game/activity (no photos of children please)
- Instructions on how to play/what to do
- The age group it is aimed at
The best ideas will be shared with other students, who are mostly parents too. So you will be supporting other local families to find fun activities to do with their children in lock down.
2. Poetry Competition
Poetry is a form of writing where you can express what you are thinking or feeling, using your imagination and will take us on a journey through your words. It could also be funny, sad or whatever tone you want.
Write a poem about life at the moment.
It could be about;
- the day to day
- the worry
- social distance
- people’s behaviour – toilet roll
- how you are coping
- extra time with family
- anything really
Remember: it does not have to rhyme
You could choose a style:
- Acrostic (Vertical poetry) – You can use words like ‘Coronavirus’ or ‘Rainbow’ to create an acrostic poem or just choose your own.
Cute little animal
Trying to be a tiger
2. Haiku Japanese Poetry
Three lined poetry – 1st line has 5 syllables, 2nd line has 7 syllables and the 3rd line has 5 syllables
Virus is outside – 5 syllables
Stay in your home to be safe – 7 syllables
Soon we will be free – 5 syllables
- All entrants will receive a certificate for participating
- Certificate and prizes for the winners
To Enter: Simply send your competition entry and contact details to your tutor before 30th April.