Attitudes to reading survey
* 157 participants completed across whole school access.
Do you like / enjoy reading?
What types of things do you like to read the most?
comics / magazines 12%
true stories 8%
other option 5%
playscripts / drama 3%
facts / information 2%
internet pages 1%
information texts / newspapers 1%
Do you have a favourite place to read?
at home 30%
sofa / beanbag 26%
other option 24%
at school 14%
floor / rug 4%
When you read, do you like…
background music 22%
other option 6%
Do you prefer to read…
with friends 17%
0ther 0ption 11%
in a group (guided reading / book club) 10%
What are you reading at the moment? (sample)
- Why Eating Bogeys is good For You by Mitchell Symons
- Sister Ella author are Pipa Goodhart
- Who Kidnapped The Mayor by Roderick Hunt
- The Unforgotten Coat by Frank Cottrell Boyce
- Falcon’s Malteser by Anthony Horowitz
Why did you choose to read this book? (sample)
- Because it looks good.
- I choose this book because is got lots of details.
- My Mum showed it to me.
- I pick books that I think are good.
What is important in helping you to decide which book to read?
front cover 26%
size / thickness 11%
recommended by a friend 6%
Other Option 4%
extract (sample page) 2%
What don’t you like about reading?
not enough choice 27%
Other Option 23%
too many words 22%
not interactive 15%
size of the book 14%
Do you think you would read more if books were ICT based?
James Langley has the ‘Electronic Kindle vs Paper Based’ book results in our pros and cons pupil test drive.