(e)Safeguarding Digital Leaders
We have been running our Primary Digital Leader Academy for many years now and within that program we have a strand on (e)Safeguarding ensuring the Digital Leaders have a good knowledge of the E-safety relevant to the Primary curriculum.
I recently carried out an E-Safety Mark assessment at Titus Salt school and they were successful in achieving the E-Safety Mark. Amongst the good practice at the school was their excellent use of E-Safety Digital Leaders. They not only supported children at the school, but have created and delivered materials and sessions to parents and feeder primary schools.
Childnet have been investigating the use of Digital Leaders in a similar way to Titus Salt and recently launched their Digital Leader Programme aimed at Secondary schools to champion digital citizenship and digital creativity. The Programme launches in September 2015 with the key benefits to students and schools detailed below.
- Empower youth voice
- Make e-safety learning fun and effective
- Pupils report a positive impact including safer on-line behaviours and increased
- Digital Leaders gain key skills such as leadership, communication and team work
- Engage and empower parents and staff
- Stay up to date with the latest e-safety news and resources
- Evidence of impact so you are ready for inspections
- Helping you embed e-safety throughout the school and work towards outstanding
If you are interested in the Digital Leader Programme please let us know as we would like to capture the impact of the programme on this blog.