Year 6 Imax and Science and Media Museum

Yesterday, Year 6 went on a trip to the Science and Media Museum in Bradford. We took part in 2 workshops, watched a science film on the Imax and looked around the exhibitions. We learnt lots of new facts about photography and cameras. We also had the chance to experiment with lights and cameras as well as taking part in science experiments.

In the Imax cinema we watched a film called ‘Mysteries of the unseen world‘. It showed how cameras can capture things that are too small, too fast or too slow for the eye to see. It was fantastic. Here is a clip.

Here are the rest of our photos.

Well done to all the children who represented St.Paul’s brilliantly and received a compliment from someone at the museum for their excellent behaviour.

** Tell me a new fact you learnt below please **

Miss Charles 🙂

About JCharles

Miss Charles
Year 6 Teacher, Key Stage 2 Leader and Maths Leader

Comments

1. Carter on January 26, 2018 at 1:31 pm said:

My favourite part of this trip was when we was at the games place and the wonder lab because I loved playing the games, me and Josh played super Mario kart but the very first one and I loved the mirror maze and the hearing test which would guess your age and I got 10.

2. Thank you for a lovely time I had an amazing time.

3. It was so much FUN going to the museum and being able to see all the things through time and being able to experiment in the wonderlab

4. Renae Millie Codi on January 26, 2018 at 1:41 pm said:

We really enjoyed our trip to the museum. We learnt that a glass sphere can enlarge things and that is what they use to make magnifying glass. We are glad that we participated and hope that we can go on a lovely trip. Thank you Miss Charles for letting us have a wonderful day out.

5. Bailey on January 26, 2018 at 1:43 pm said:

Thank you for taking us to the imax and the museum, I had the best time.

6. Courtney and Jiasmin year 6 on January 26, 2018 at 1:48 pm said:

During this trip I learnt lots of new things like a mosquito have a sense on a hot day where all blood flows the most. So thank you for this it has been a day that we will never forget.
    :] ;}

7. Joshua m on January 26, 2018 at 1:49 pm said:

We had lots of fun
    My best part was the imax with all the 3D images. I loved it.

8. I enjoyed the science museum because we learnt about science and great things. I also really enjoyed exploring the wonder lab.

9. Rajveer,Lucas and Joshua.K on January 26, 2018 at 1:53 pm said:

At the National Media Museum we had lots of fun and the Imax was fantastic.

10. Poppy.Cody and Anthony on January 26, 2018 at 1:55 pm said:

Very exciting trip!!We wish we could go again.
    We learnt some very exciting facts like:
    Mosquitos have heat vision, the shutters on a camera remove and replace the lense of the camera.

11. It was amazing and so much fun especially in the wonderlab but overall it was very fun.

12. It sounds like loads of fun, I hope it was!